A knee knows

I tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in my left knee skiing at Mt. Wachusett in central Mass. on January 18, 2007. This is a common injury to weekend warriors like myself, so I thought others might like to know what happens once you've done something unfortunate like this to your body. Maybe you've injured yourself too, and feel like the game's over. However, you can return to your sport -- you just need to stay focused and do the work.

Here's where it started...



Thursday, March 22, 2007

Pedaled a bike today

Went into PT this morning feeling a little tight. First thing I did was get on the stationary bike and use it to stretch the knee. After a few minutes of stretching, I was able to do a complete pedal stroke, so I then pedaled the bike for another 5 minutes or so. It was great to get to this point, since now I can go to the gym and start working on the bike. Afterwards, knee flexion measured out at 120 degrees, 10 degrees more than two days ago. After stretching and icing, the knee felt pretty good. Excellent progress, very pleased.

No comments: