A knee knows

I tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in my left knee skiing at Mt. Wachusett in central Mass. on January 18, 2007. This is a common injury to weekend warriors like myself, so I thought others might like to know what happens once you've done something unfortunate like this to your body. Maybe you've injured yourself too, and feel like the game's over. However, you can return to your sport -- you just need to stay focused and do the work.

Here's where it started...



Monday, March 26, 2007

A bit sore today

During my workout yesterday, did my usual low cable leg exercises (abductor, adductor, etc.) and then also threw in a set of very conservative squats on the squat rack, with no added weight. Was careful to keep the back straight and the knees over the feet (sticking butt out behind), and not going too low. Also was able to ride the bike for 10 minutes and get the rpm's up to about 70. Earlier this week I was just barely able to turn the pedals over. As a result, I am sore today, especially in the hamstring at the graft site. But a little icing and ibuprofen should take care of that.

Yesterday, I iron-transferred the following onto a t-shirt:

It's the year of pain
Get used to it




No comments: